Beginning Band Instructor
The Meadowbrook School of Weston, a pre-kindergarten through 8th grade school located in Weston, MA, seven miles west of Boston, is seeking a part-time Beginning Band Instructor. The instructor teaches the 4th and 5th grade beginning band, where students are typically divided into instruction groups of approximately 17 students per class with the goal of having them all perform as a full ensemble.
Specific responsibilities include:
● Teach 4th and 5th grade band groups four days a week (1 hour per day)
● Ready the students for two major performances (winter and spring)
● Work with a team of educators to produce those two major assemblies (winter and spring)
● Communicate with classroom teachers about students
● Communicate with parents as needed
● Write reports for all of the students in band (winter and spring)
Candidates should have knowledge of instrumental music education best practices and be able to work with brass, wind, string, percussion, and fretted instrumentalists.
The Beginning Band Instructor is a 10-month position.There may be additional summer work opportunities with additional compensation. Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience and training. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and references (should include current supervisor, and current head of school if employed by a school) via email, (please put the employment opportunity you are applying for in the subject line): email@example.com. No phone calls please.