Learning Specialist - Maternity Leave Position
The Meadowbrook School of Weston, a junior kindergarten through 8th grade school located in Weston, MA, seven miles west of Boston, is seeking a long-term substitute learning specialist for a maternity leave coverage from March 1, 2019 through June 14, 2019.
Qualified candidates will have a Master’s degree or higher, specifically with a degree in literacy, learning disabilities, special education, or a similar field. Candidate should have the ability to work and communicate well with faculty and parents, excellent organizational skills, the ability to provide a differentiated approach to literacy instruction, experience teaching Reading and Writing Workshop, knowledge about a range of learning differences, general executive functioning challenges and their impact; the ability to help students implement effective study, organizational, and time management skills. Training in Orton-Gillingham, Wilson or similar program desired.
Specific responsibilities include:
● Teach 1st grade reading and writing in small groups
● Co-teach in 5th grade Language Arts groups
● Facilitate lessons in Junior Kindergarten twice a week
● Teach reading and word study to students in the Lower School
● Work one-on-one with middle school students to assist them in developing learning strategies and executive function skills
● Attend curriculum planning meetings for 1st and 5th grade, once a week
● Attend grade level team meetings for Junior Kindergarten, 1st, and 5th grade once a week
● Attend Student Support Services department meetings once a week
● Plan and participate in parent conferences
● Write individual progress reports
● Carry out duties in Lower School: lunch, recess, and dismissal
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and references (should include current supervisor, and current head of school if employed by a school) via email: email@example.com. No phone calls please.