The Meadowbrook School of Weston, a coeducational, independent day school for students in grades from junior kindergarten through eight, is seeking a dedicated full-time professional to join the Business Office and take primary responsibility for accounts receivable and billing, accounts payable, other general accounting assistance, payroll back-up support, and management of the facilities rental program. This individual will report to the Director of Finance & Operations and be a major contributor to a small, well-organized Business Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter all billing charges and prepare and mail monthly billing statements
- Enter payments as they are received and process bank deposits
- Handle all billing-related inquiries, i.e. phone & email contact, including light collections
- Coordinate student insurance program
- Process accounts payable invoices for payment and prepare checks
- Maintain vendor profiles & respond to vendor inquiries
- Prepare 1099s at the end of the year
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash
- Reconcile and allocate school credit card statements
- Assist with month-end closings
- Assist with student enrollment process
- Assist with year-end audit as needed
- Provide back-up payroll assistance as needed
- Coordinate the facilities rental program, maintain rental calendar
- Perform other duties as assigned by the DFO, Head of School, and Controller
Skills and Abilities:
- Team player and team builder, with ability to work independently
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially
- Exceptional customer service
- Detail oriented
- Sense of humor is helpful
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance, with 3 – 5 years of experience in a business office or finance department strongly preferred.
- Must possess a solid understanding of core accounting principles.
- Experience with Senior Systems Business Office software package, Blackbaud, or similar ERP accounting software.
- Microsoft Excel (and other Office products) proficiency required.
- Must be a quick learner, self-starter, maintain high standards of confidentiality and be able to multi-task.
- Must be capable of working independently, with an excellent eye for detail, and possess a proactive work ethic.
To inquire or apply, please contact John Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org.