Meadowbrook takes nutrition seriously. School tuition includes daily snack and lunch for every student. Our cafeteria is bright, warm and spacious, and lunch is served “family style” in two seatings, one for grades senior kindergarten through 5th grade, and one for middle school students. Family style means students participate in every step of the meal. Every child at the table has a role - whether that’s serving the main entree, scraping plates, clearing silverware, or being a “buddy” to the SK’ers and helping them around the dining room. Lunch is special part of the day where students relax and recharge. All of our food is provided by Flik Dining Services.
- a hot entree at each table served with a vegetable and starch
- vegetarian or vegan options
- two homemade soups daily (usually one vegan or vegetarian)
- a salad bar that includes two choices of greens, and at least eight salad toppings
- and two composed salads each day like mozzarella and tomato, or orzo with olives and feta
- a full make-your-own-sandwich bar offering fresh deli meats and condiments, as well as soy butter and jelly
- yogurt, milk and fruit for both snack and lunch