Started more than 20 years ago, our robust After School Program offers a seamless transition from regular school hours. Our After School team makes it a point to give kids a balance of structure and free play. After School students do projects that are so much fun, they don’t even realize they’re learning.
If your child is part of the After School Program, they can also sign up for a number of fun and engaging enrichment classes. Here are some examples of classes we offer!
- Budding Scientists - Children are encouraged to explore and recognize the links between science and the day-to-day. After talking about the anatomy of a cloud, children may make cloud dough. Or they concoct their own toothpaste following a lesson on the impact of good oral hygiene. Budding Scientists is a fun way to learn about the world around us!
- Game Design – Ever wanted to build your own games or apps? Love Roblox or Minecraft? Well, this is the class for you! In this course, students will learn the skills of a coder through conceiving, designing, and creating their own mobile app games. The resulting games can be shared online and texted to friends for them to play on their iPad or phones.
- Tournament of Champions - In this action-packed program, children will participate in a variety of games, such as street hockey, soccer, football, dodgeball, basketball, wiffle ball, and many others!
- Hand and Machine Sewing - Students in this class will learn how to thread a needle and hand sew. Students will also learn how to use the sewing machine under the supervision of a knowledgeable HipStitch instructor.
- Creative Filmmaking – Lights, Camera, Action! Utilizing professional equipment and technology, kids will work together and learn how to use cameras, audio equipment, and editing software, while creating completely original video projects. Kids will get creative as they try their hand at various special effects techniques: building costumes, combining claymation and live action video, experimenting with the potential of green screens, practicing various camera tricks, utilizing stock videos, video filters and much more!
Monday – Friday: 12:30 – 3:10 p.m. (JK Only)
3:10 – 5:45 p.m. (JK – 8th Grade)
- $21 contracted hour JK through 5
- $27 per hour for drop-in JK through 5
- $19 per hour for middle school study hall grades 6-8
- $27 drop-in per hour for drop-in for Middle School study hall grades 6-8
- $25 late fee for every 15 minutes after 5:45
For more information on this program, contact Director of After School Barbara Campbell at [email protected].